Thursday, 27 August 2026

About the Author

About Me
I started seriously hiking in Switzerland in early 2016 at age 55 to get fit, and over the next 10 years before retirement I spent several years hiking on a regular basis. My average was c 16 Km +600m -720m over 4h for a total of over 1,000 hikes.

My aim was always to explore at least one interesting location per hike, hopefully 2 or 3, and my favourite categories are: summit crosses, mountain passes/ridges, via ferrata routes, suspension bridges, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, castles/ruins, bisse, reservoirs, lakes, churches, old towns, etc.

My Komoot profile can be found here, and I am also on Garmin Connect, and Strava.

These blog articles are intended to provide ideas for routes and locations you can incorporate into your own hikes. Any comments or questions just email me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Arosa Winter Hike: Climbing the Weisshorn

Conquering the Weisshorn: Arosa’s Most Thrilling Winter Hike Imagine standing on a windswept alpine summit, the crisp mountain a...